[v1.0.18] Traveling with a dominated person breaks the game (including subsequent saves)

dormar2
Level 1
6 months ago

Map: Random encounter during rest while traveling (High priest, acolyte and a few veterans) 

How did it happen: Cast "Dominate Person" on an enemy character (specifically the high priest in this case) and have them survive the encounter. Then click the fireplace to continue travel. The character will show up as a follower (a 5th icon in the party portraits during travel, see screenshot: screenshot ). Then the dominate person timer should elapse before another encounter/destination.

If another random encounter then happens while traveling, the encounter loads but a black screen appears and nothing can be done.

If the party reaches a destination, the character spawns next to the party and appears as a follower party member, but cannot be controlled: (Screenshot: screenshot) They can be attacked (with a spell, don't know about weapon attacks), but doing so doesn't start a battle, but makes the UI disappear. Characters are controllable and movable but moving to the area transition rectangle (in the above screenshot) doesn't do anything.

When did the save happen: Fresh run, bought the game and started the run on the day of release.

Save games: I'm sending two save games to the save game email, one is pre-travel (same as the first screenshot), and one is after arriving to a destination (the second screenshot). Loading the first and traveling recreates the bug. Loading the second and attacking the extra character recreates the loss of UI. 

Hope this helps. This is an amazingly wonderful game and I'm so glad I bought it. Keep up the amazing work and hope more content is coming!

Guurzak
Level 5
6 months ago (edited)

Confirmed- just encountered the same thing a couple of times with both a veteran and a goblin shaman. Dominate is not properly ending after a minute if combat has ended, and if you don't cast another concentration spell to end the dominate before you leave that map, your game is borked.

dormar2
Level 1
6 months ago

Note you can also prematurely end any concentration spell by clicking on the concentration icon in the bottom left.

Rentier
Level 9
Discord Link Steam Link Newsletter Link Kickstarter Backer
5 months ago

should be fixed in 1.0.22 beta branch

Ending a fight with a creature controlled by Dominate Person will automatically kill it, instead of having it follow you everywhere (and unfortunately breaking the game in the process)

2 weeks ago

Unfortunately this is not fixed for me.  I just dominated Urka, sorry no spoiler tags? and after the fight it registered that he died in the cutscene but he's still actually standing here.  I waited 14 hours (the spell says it lasts 8) and no dice.  The spell was broken by an enemy attack. The caster has no concentration on him. He's just standing there. Cant loot him (which lets be honest folks that's all I really care about)

2 weeks ago

Unfortunately this is not fixed for me.  I just dominated Urka, sorry no spoiler tags? and after the fight it registered that he died in the cutscene but he's still actually standing here.  I waited 14 hours (the spell says it lasts 8) and no dice.  The spell was broken by an enemy attack. The caster has no concentration on him. He's just standing there. Cant loot him (which lets be honest folks that's all I really care about)

Hi!

I just tried to reproduce the issue you described, but it does not work on our end.

If you still have, could you send us a save file where Urka is alive (and, if you have a autosave, one right before the Urka fight)? It'll help us find out what went wrong!

You can find where your save files are located, and where to send them, by following this link: https://forums.solasta-game.com/forum/important-rolling-bug-report-with-advantage