V 0.4.21 full scenario bug report

Bourgui
Level 9
9 months ago (edited)

Here are the few bugs I noticed.

- As mentionned by Okagisama, quite often in combat after the death of a NPC we can read "NPC is dead, NPC is no longer dead, NPC is dead", quite disturbing.

- Tatto on the skin outside the Tower of Magic is no longer visible.

- Second dialog with Annie (after the Tower of Magic): party members have no voice.

- No dialog with Master Dackin althought I have a wizard (loremaster) in my party.

- No scroll or spell is visible to use the Major Gates.

- In the Dark Castle, only at Lizzara's floor, unable to lite the torches with the spell Sparkle, but torches can. 

- The icon of the recipe of the breastplate of deflection is the one of the breastplate itself, not a book as the others. (screenshot available) 

- When leaving the Dark Castle, we can see on the map a new area, the Bone Keep where we met Mardracht, but we can't go there. I wonder the purpose of it.

- After the bones of Angbi have been brought back to the Antiquarians, there is no improvment of the reputation with them and the bones remain in the party inventory.

- I have crafted 5 poison arrows I can't see in any inventory.

- I bought a staff of fire. It doesn' make the +2 fire damage it should. (screenshot available)

- The second favored enemy of my ranger is beast but without any effect against wolves.

- Haven't seen undead creatures in the buildings surrounding the Wizard's tower, day and night.

- Details about the statue in the Wizard's Tower have been lost in this update.

- Major Gates don't work at now. I hope we'll have its name in Coparran...

I haven't seen any infinte respawns, no bug in cinematics, but the tattoo and voices with Annie.

Hope it helps

PS : No amazing loot, nor new items, it's a bit disappointing. Here is my noticeable loot:

- 3 +1 armors (2 leathers and 1 half plate)

- 1 +1 shield

- 6 +1 weapons (1 longsword, 1 shortbow, 2 Morningstars, 1 dagger)

- 1 bracers of archery

- 2 pairs of boots of elvenkind

- 1 belt of Dwarvenkind

- 1 Headband of Intellect

- 5 x1.8 handy haversacks!!!

- only oil of acuteness.

Bourgui
Level 9
9 months ago

Updated report

KillerRabbit
Level 7
9 months ago

+1 had the same issues.

I'm not disappointed, it's early access. :)

Still, it would be nice to have a hot patch for the sparkle bug since light seems to play such big role in the fights.  Doesn't seem to do anything anymore -- its gone from OP to nope.

On loot -- this was just an unlucky run but I got three drops of a single crossbow bolt +1 which is the worst random drop.  Please make that set of crossbow bolts.

Bourgui
Level 9
9 months ago

I got 20 bolts +1 in the Wizard's Tower and a total of 4 earlier

Bourgui
Level 9
9 months ago

I forgot to mention : 

The journal needs improvments (still hard to find dialogs), the flight system too (multiplane system is not intuitive at all).

I experienced delays in acquiring target with bows in surprise attacks, and so some of them failed.

Skryia
Level 11
9 months ago

Flight seems pretty useless right now. There’s a chest in the tower of magic that I never have figured out how to get (3rd playthrough, haven’t gotten to play since newest patch) because it’s too far to misty step or jump (even on a character with 20 STR, proficiency in Athletics, and under the effects of Jump spell) to, the tower I think you are meant to push over to use as a bridge can’t be interacted with, and Fly doesn’t;t seem to actually let you... fly... you can‘t seem to use it to cross a chasm which is quite counterintuitive. So I really haven‘t yet seem a case where Fly, Levitate, or Spider Climb do anything useful.

KillerRabbit
Level 7
9 months ago

The tower where you find the crown?  That's a pain.  You need to use spider climb to get on the side of the wall -- get to the top of the arch, move down, interrupt movement by selecting a space near chest.  Then you are in range for misty step.  Good loot but nothing needed for recipe.

Skryia
Level 11
9 months ago

That sounds like the one, yes. I’ll have to try that next time around. Seems weird you’d need spider climb plus misty step and can’t just fly, though. Thanks for the tip!

Bourgui
Level 9
8 months ago (edited)

In addition to my previous post, I killed a brimstone viper over a trap in Car Lem and after I removed it, loot was floating in the air and couldn't be taken.

Please allow us to skip the whole introduction. It's so boring to start another run through the scenario with such useless time for bug reports.

Bourgui
Level 9
8 months ago

Captain Verissa Ironshell lips don't move when she speaks.

Bourgui
Level 9
8 months ago (edited)

Few additional things I noticed, playing til Coparran completion:

Bug reports : 

- In the Dark Castle, in the hall where you can find ghouls and later libraries with recipes, I opened the windows, but the light provided was not taken into account for the combat against the ghouls (screenshot available).

- It seems that some potions (potion of superior healing, potion of giant strength (frost), may be some others) are not identified even if we already have some of them in the inventory.

- I've choosen Herborist proficiency for the ranger, she obtained a poisoner's kit and crafted a lot of potions of healing....

- This ranger also crafted 5 poisonous arrows (quite expensive in terms of resources) and in the end she got 1 basic poison.

Strange things : 

I don't D&D rules by heart but some things seem strange to me:

- My paladin can't use any scroll, may be It's because he has not the proficiency "Medecine". Can someone answer me?

- Wizard can't copy scroll of cure wounds in her spellbook. Is it because she has not the proficiency "Medecine"?

- Required components for some spells, for instance Identify. They are not implemented in the game at now. Moreover their price is twice the price of the service in Caer Cyflen (pearl estimated at 100 golds vs service provided for 55 golds).

I still really love this game and want to help it to reach perfection. 

mg666
Level 5
8 months ago

The tower where you find the crown?  That's a pain.  You need to use spider climb to get on the side of the wall -- get to the top of the arch, move down, interrupt movement by selecting a space near chest.  Then you are in range for misty step.  Good loot but nothing needed for recipe. 

It's reachable just with Misty Step.

https://www.twitch.tv/filthyrobot/clip/GleamingHandsomeAlmondMcaT

Skryia
Level 11
8 months ago

It's reachable just with Misty Step.

https://www.twitch.tv/filthyrobot/clip/GleamingHandsomeAlmondMcaT

Oh wow. That is not the least bit intuitive. They they should include something about that aspect of the UI/controls in a tutorial. Thanks for the link!

Bourgui
Level 9
8 months ago (edited)

It sometime happens that initiative roll of the ranger when we fight Adam the Twelfth remain on screen all the time. It disappear if we save and reload (screenshot available).