Clegane brothers, Mr. Drogo, and Tormund suddenly teleported to Solasta world. They need to forget their past and fight together for their survival.
Well, they don't look like GoT at all but I tried a bit XD. Wish to see more costume options in the future.
Gregor when he was level 4. All boys were 16 16 16 9 9 9, and now they are now 18 16 16 9 9 9. I will grind them till lvl 6, and then they will become 20 16 16 9 9 9. True "Hardhead" party.
My dudes are tanks. Nothing can stop them. No one can craft, but that is not that bad. I sold all crafting materials, and I was able to grab a good amount of $$$ from a relatively earlier point of view. I finished 4 Plates for my dudes at a very early level 4 phase.
Too bad, I looted the Rosary with them. This is the first time I ever looted Rosary during the 4th campaign, and none of my fighter dudes can use this. My luck is wasted. :(
From level 5, they hit twice, then they become armored killing machines. Even Orc Chieftain couldn't survive more than a turn. In fact, he didn't even have a chance to hit anyone. Four building-wrecking bois steam-rolled poor Orcs. Wights? Meh, they didn't even scratch my dude's shield.
Here are my notes:
1) Their HP pool is huge, never had an issue with Sleep spell. None of my boys fall asleep due to Sleep spell. I didn't get much Blind because boy's Cons were 16, but I think I had 1~2 Blinded boys. But well, they were not a serious issue at the moment, the situation was manageable.
2) The only problem with them is Wis save spells like fear and hypnotic pattern. Their Wis is 9, Fear or Hypnotic or any other Wis roll spells can be a serious life-threatening issue for them. So I always prioritize casters, especially skeleton casters. They love to use Fear when Martial characters are in range.
3) I never had dangerous moments at all so far. (Dangerous moment means any of my dudes were downed.) I think this kind of min-maxed all-fighter party is only possible because it is EA. With more high-level dungeons and more powerful casters in full release, my four poor dudes wouldn't survive that long. Sorry guys :(
3) Use crossbow for secondary weapon. Very useful against ranged enemies. Solak boss dude was the only annoying experience because he uses Shield spell and he flies. But, after some turns, his spell slot run out or I was lucky, I hit him, and he dropped. Then, my angry bois stomped on him and cut his throat.
4) Two of them (Clegane bros, let's just assume that they somehow get magical ability when they teleported to the world of Solasta) are Spellblades. But I think one Spellbades would be fine. In fact, because their INT is 9, most spells are useless. So, 2 Spellblades can be a sort of waste. I could do two Champions, but I pick Spellblade over Champion because I feel the Champion is more or less boring. Too bad we cannot use the Battlemaster subclass. In my 5e TRPG experience, I enjoyed Battlemaster Fighter.
5) Basic human is totally playable and fine and fun race. I respect opinions like "humans are relatively weak" because that is true. But I don't agree at all with opinions like basic humans should be removed or fully replaced because no one plays them. Well, I'm not in that "no one", right? Not only this party but 50% of my other parties were humans. Sometimes I'm really curious how many people actually tried this game with basic humans in total darkness. They are not easy, but it is fun and doable.
6) Food can be a slightly annoying problem. Food is always lacking on the way to Bone Keep and coming back to town from Bone Keep. I don't have Clerics or Rangers, so no Berries or free foods. So, they need to starve, but who cares? They are not like they need to memorize something every morning, their muscles can do works nicely. Sorry guys but only short rests for you. It is not my fault though :( I wish if there are more ways to get food on the road on the world map in the future.
7) I never felt darkness was a serious issue. Boss battles are exceptions, but all other 'normal' battles, whether the world map engagements or in-dungeon engagements, torches were OK. But I wish if TA gives us more useful light options, like throwing a torch, fire a fire arrow at the wall on the other side to give light for a limited amount of turns, enflame the enemy for light for a limited amount of turns, and lamp in the accessory slot to free hands from the torch, or etc...
I think, 4 Clerics would be powerful and balanced, so they would have no issues. 4 Paladins would be good, not that great and they will have similar issues that my 4 fighters had, but 4 Paladins will be slightly more flexible than 4 fighters. Too bad we can't see Oath of Vengence paladin in this game. I really loved my Vengence Paladin in one of my TRPG sessions in the past.
PS) Now I'm thinking, for this party, I may not need to minmax like 16 16 16 9 9 9 at the beginning. I think 16 14 16 10 10 9 or 16 12 16 10 12 9 would be also fine. That will be a bit more balanced, and will slightly reduce a chance to get fear or hypnotic.