Misc bugs in 1.1.8

4 months ago

Release 1.1.8

Lowlife Side-quest (getting magic sword from Misaye temple). I had rotten luck trying to open the locked chest it was in, ending up needing 5 increasingly expensive attempts. Looking at my Inventory after finally succeeding, my lowlife character had 6 Thieves Tools. The Adventure Log has my character gaining a Thieves Tool after each of the five attempts. Why? I can understand giving my character ONE kit if he didn't have one, but to keep giving multiple kits is very weird.

Also in Lowlife Side-quest. As soon as we get the magic sword, and look at it in our Inventory, it says it's a +2, +2 magical sword. When my wiz casts Detect Magic then Identify, the sword has a "?" on it, indicating there is something to learn about it (I congratulated myself for using Identify). Unfortunately, Identify just reports that the magic sword is a "magic sword". IMO, when we first get the sword, we should only know that it's a "magic sword". The fact that it's a +2 sword should be unknown until Identify is used.

Returning to the Rotating Bridge for the first time (first return, therefore second time I've encountered it), I killed the 2 Soraks hiding near the campfire, took a long rest, then walked to the bridge. It was in the ideal position for me, i.e., I could walk straight onto it, even though last time I'd used it, I'd left it pointing farther into the 'dungeon'. In your patch notes you say you've made this change, so it appears to be working fine, except... The 'bug' was that after I walked onto the bridge and activated the rotation, it started to rotate, did so for maybe one second, then the rotation was aborted and the bridge returned to the position it'd started in. Simply reactivating the rotation a second time worked correctly to let me proceed farther. In short, the fix you made to the game to make sure the bridge was usable has a small glitch in it.

Re: Angbi's bones: the three piles of bones are inconsistently marked, or not marked, as quest items.

When party attacking by surprise while in cautious mode, after an attack (a bow shot, say), and after the hit and damage have been rolled, the combat says "[party member] rolls a DEX (stealth) check against DC 9". At the same time as that die rolls on-screen, another die is rolling on-screen above the enemy. There's a brief message saying "Perception check". The problem is that the combat log doesn't record the perception check, nor does it say anything about what the perception check is for. Presumably not to check whether the party member is still hidden because that seems to be the Dex (Stealth) check he's already rolled. Please include the perception check in the combat log, and please have that inclusion explain what it's for.

Also missing from the combat log, is the saving throw that's taken at the end of most combats by one or more party members. I've got no idea what that's for, and succeeding and failing seems to make no difference to anything at all. Either document what it's for or get rid of it, as it seems to be pointless.

Sorceror (mana painter) in combat, after doing his main action, has Bonus options of "cast spell" and "use power". But selecting cast spell offers a null list of possible spells followed by the "abort" button. You shouldn't offer the cast spell bonus option if there aren't any spells that can be cast as a bonus action.

Badland's Wraith has an icon of a sun that mouse-overing says "Light Sensitive Detrimental Condition". When ALT is pressed for the details, the popup says: "This kind of Sorr-Akkath seems able to ignore its sensitivity to light. This creature's attack rolls have disadvantage [also DEX and WIS saving throws]." First, Wraiths aren't Sorr-Akkath. Second, why does mouse-overing the monster's sun icon says it has "Light Sensitive Detrimental Condition", then ALT says it can ignore its sensitivity to light, then there's a list of three ways it gets disadvantage because of its sensitivity? Is it sensitive to light or not? (PS. Several other light sensitive creatures have the same mouse-over information on the sun icon, e.g. Brood of Dread).

Halman Summer's Wares include Bag of Holding and Handy Haversack. Mouse-over on both of them says "Carrying capacity multiplier 60 [then the icon indicating a unit of weight, presumably pounds]". Bug 1: Both items are listed as having the same benefit. Bug 2: 60 lb is not a multiplier. Bag of Holding is meant to have multiplier of 3, Handy Haversack multiplier of 1.8

Long Night Poisoned Arrow has two icons on it: a d4 ("deal 1d4 poison damage") and a clock face ("deals damage over time". Yet when an enemy is hit by the arrow, it deals a d4 poison damage immediately, and the basic piercing damage too of course, but that's the only damage the target takes. It doesn't get any more damage over time. Also, after the target is hit, there's no icon added to its tile to indicate it's subject to an ongoing affect. In short, it seems the arrow is only half-implemented.

Tiger Fang Poisoned Arrow (does 3d6 poison damage). First turn I fired at a goblin, hit, the goblin made its saving throw and took only 2 HPts of poison damage ("d6:1 d6:1 d6:3"), presumably halved as per the saving throw. Second turn I fired at same gobbo, hit, it failed its saving throw, and took 26 poison damage ("d6:5 d6:4 d6:6 d6:4 d6:5 d6:2") -- why did it take 6d6 damage? Even if gobbos are vulnerable to poison, it should have taken 2 x 3d6 not 6d6.

Wizard spell: Conjure Beast. When choose to summon just one creature, get large dragon-fly thingy. In several combats, it has repeated the following behavior several times: attack the enemy once, then move up and away, and spend several turns just hovering in midair doing nothing while the rest of the party fights. That's not why I summoned it!

Coparann, first time Baron lets party into the dungeon. From the very first position the party appears in, there's a lit wall sconce ahead of them, and an unlit one a little farther away. The unlit one lights up when Alt pressed, but it cannot be lit with a torch or spell. Something a little faulty there.

Doomblade rapier: mouse-over the weapon says "Takes 1D6 necrotic damage at the beginning of its turn. +1d4 poison damage". But in combat the enemy hit by it gets no necrotic or poison damage at the time of the hit. It does get a teardrop icon that says "takes 1d6 necrotic damage at the beginning of its turn", but there's no mention of the 1d4 poison damage. When the creature starts its next turn, the combat log says the creature takes 1d4 necrotic damage. Basically, none of the information about the effects of the weapon are consistent. Inconsistent use of d4 and/or d6, necrotic and/or poison.

In the laboratory guarded by four Spectral Servants, there's a lootable container that, when clicked, makes the looter say, "By all the gods! Manacalon orchids! Clearly they are correctly named!" Something with THREE excalamation marks and a "By the gods" swearing must be incredibly important. The trouble is that I've never been able to learn what looting that container achieves. I've even had the looter drop every single thing in his inventory before looting it, and he doesn't get anything out of it. Is this a bug or some sort of silly joke?

TomReneth
Level 14
4 months ago

I can add a misc. bug here:

Every time I turn on the game, the graphics settings reset to the highest possible.

Typos happen. More so on the phone.

4 months ago

When party attacking by surprise while in cautious mode, after an attack (a bow shot, say), and after the hit and damage have been rolled, the combat says "[party member] rolls a DEX (stealth) check against DC 9". At the same time as that die rolls on-screen, another die is rolling on-screen above the enemy. There's a brief message saying "Perception check". The problem is that the combat log doesn't record the perception check, nor does it say anything about what the perception check is for. Presumably not to check whether the party member is still hidden because that seems to be the Dex (Stealth) check he's already rolled. Please include the perception check in the combat log, and please have that inclusion explain what it's for.

I beleive the perception check modifies the dc for your stealth check but this is never explained anywhere and the perception results don't appear in the combat log.

Also missing from the combat log, is the saving throw that's taken at the end of most combats by one or more party members. I've got no idea what that's for, and succeeding and failing seems to make no difference to anything at all. Either document what it's for or get rid of it, as it seems to be pointless.

I think what you are talking about here is after combat the highest survival modifer member of your party rolls a wisdom(survival) check for each foe slain.  The dc appears to be based on their cr.  On a success your beastry info for that enemy increases.  Those checks do appear in the combat log.

Tiger Fang Poisoned Arrow (does 3d6 poison damage). First turn I fired at a goblin, hit, the goblin made its saving throw and took only 2 HPts of poison damage ("d6:1 d6:1 d6:3"), presumably halved as per the saving throw. Second turn I fired at same gobbo, hit, it failed its saving throw, and took 26 poison damage ("d6:5 d6:4 d6:6 d6:4 d6:5 d6:2") -- why did it take 6d6 damage? Even if gobbos are vulnerable to poison, it should have taken 2 x 3d6 not 6d6.

This is correct behavior if the second hit was a critical hit.  You double the number of dice for critical hits.

4 months ago

Thanks blacklanner