[Feedback] 0.4.14 b Playthrough

Kinkuma
Level 2
4 months ago (edited)

Aksha fight - still needs some tuning. With her ability to teleport back into absolute darkness (which she can cast at will) after each attack and regen 10 health per round, the fight has an extreme dependence on "dancing lights". Else you basically need to do 20+ rounds of save/load spamming to hit her inside the absolute darkness bubble enough to slowly whittle her life down. Not fun!

Changing spells while travelling - don't get the normal screen (unless you level up) while resting, so impossible to change spell load load while travelling/resting.

Church faction - pick up items only for them, but no way to hand in.

Scavengers - never seem to get money from first area they go to? Or send them to anywhere else.

"Validate" - still annoying as a localisation thing. Really should be "Confirm".

2 chests (arcane library and beyond river next to wolf house) currently inaccessible due to flying/levitate not working.

Dialog - Paladin was proficient in persuasion and intimidation, but kept getting lumped with deception choice. Base CHA was still helpful, but should be able to control this.

Otherwise still really enjoying - keep up the great work fellas! :D

picklesgrr
Level 9
4 months ago

Well I bolloxed the formatting on the quotes and life's too short so apologies for that. I have slightly different observations but the same conclusions. 

"Validate" - still annoying as a localisation thing. Really should be "Confirm"

Also library in English should be bookcase  - we use two different words for bibliothèque. This one is charming though.

2 chests (arcane library and beyond river next to wolf house) currently inaccessible due to flying/levitate not working.

The library one is in range of a teleport - misty step and I think the rogue one too. It is annoying that spider climb and fly do not really let you fly or wall crawl though.  

Aksha fight - still needs some tuning. With her ability to teleport back into absolute darkness (which she can cast at will) after each attack and regen 10 health per round, the fight has an extreme dependence on "dancing lights". Else you basically need to do 20+ rounds of save/load spamming to hit her inside the absolute darkness bubble enough to slowly whittle her life down. Not fun!

I beat this by spreading out and readying ranged attacks with anyone inside the Darkness disengaging or just running out. This only works because she pops out of the darkness to attack rather than waiting to regenerate to full. It therefore feels like an exploit rather than a clever tactic. I also did not fail any saves against her drain effect - one fail could easily have tipped it in her favour and two surely would have - especially if like in earlier tries I got critted to 0 maximum HP.  

This was level 4 - I believe at level 5 it would be pretty straightforward with some level 3 spells and double the number of attacks from the martials, though they don't work on readied attacks. There is a rerun of the fight at level 6 which was trivial. 

So I agree with the conclusion - it was not a fun encounter at level 4. It does speak to 5e Balance. There is a massive power spike at 5th level, handily the biggest of any level in the game.  If this encounter is to be challenging at 5th it will be frustratingly hard at 4th.

Otherwise still really enjoying - keep up the great work fellas! :D

Roger that

Kinkuma
Level 2
3 months ago

Agreed with Aksha - above was done at level 4. Dashan (guy in master's tower - who's basically the same mob) was trivial to beat at level 6.

Oh yes the library/bookcase thing. Lol. True enough - but as you say, more charming ;)

Misty step worked on previous version - but not current for the chest.