A friend and I played through the Solasta tutorial in July 2022 with no issue. We started a new multiplayer game Dec 23, 2022, and I experienced the "Solasta.exe is not responding" error shortly after we completed the Caer Lem quest. We thought that it might be his hosting the game (he's in the UK and I'm in the US) and we swapped host duties. Even with my hosting the session, I still got the error. We switched over to the Lost Valley campaign and I got the error after the conclusion of Fairblade hiring our party to find Marin Ving (so basically, at the beginning of the game). The error pops up and freezes my game whether I host, my friend hosts, or I'm in single player.
I'm on an ASUS TUF A15 laptop running Windows 10. Game version is 1.4.32.
I have tried the following:
- Verifying integrity of local files (always comes back with no issue)
- Turning down graphics settings
- Clearing Steam cache
- Uninstalling & reinstalling (several times with cache clear-outs, Steam restarts, computer reboots, you name it)
- Verifying all software and drivers are up to date
- Whitelisting the game's folder in my virus protection
- Reinstalling the game with virus protection turned off (it was suggested in a post somewhere that anti-virus software might have been blocking certain files)
- chkdsk /f
I read that one "solution" was to turn off networking, but that's impractical with a wireless headset, wireless mouse, and needing a network connection for a multiplayer campaign.
Any other solution that would make this enjoyable game actually playable?