Can be completely discarded, I copied the relevant suggestions in the Steam forums
I've already posted how much I enjoyed the demo and the EA is fulfilling all its promises and more! The overall presentation is great and spot-on, I'll detail the positive feedback in another subforum, I'll just post a few suggestions here that I think would improve the presentation even further. Since it's a suggestion, it means that it's subjective of course, coming from the influence of BG, NWN and the like ;-)
- The radar blip on the compass and the big exclamation marks on the "quest NPC" are giving too much away, an option to remove those would be welcome to give more immersion and let the players think by themselves. I hate it when there are big pointers telling me where to go, it's so much more rewarding to find that by oneself. For example, the initial indication for "Meet Carran at the Legacy Council" is spot on, you just give some indications on where to go (North until that landmark, then West, with a sketch on a map), that alone would have been perfect. Add the option to satisfy both beginners who are easily lost, and experienced players who don't want the game to hold their hand.
- (said elsewhere) A way to skip the tutorial would help with testing, assuming the same loot is given when we do so.
- The "1 answer per character" is not convincing, I hate it. Firstly, it doesn't make sense and will have coherency issues (how to choose who will say what, is it done in function of their personality? Secondly, this is a big restriction to limit to 4 answers, for example if there are puzzles or tests in which more answers could be given to choose from. Thirdly the presentation can only give short answers. Finally, it doesn't look serious, it's the kind of solutions we find in kid's educational games, not in CPRGs, hard to explain but the theme just isn't right. Please get back to the usual and proven list of answers.
- A keyboard shortcut to select the answer would be welcome (1..9 should be perfect).
- A "rewind / scrollback" to see the conversation would be appreciated during the conversation. The dialog has no pause and there is no way to repeat it, so if one is distracted while a character is saying something (s/o rings at the door, phone call, ... that happens), there is no way to see what has been said since the beginning of the conversation. It's good to have that in the journal, but it would be very usefull to have it during the conversation as well.
- Why the 'ALT for more info'? Directly show the whole of it, it's usually what the player is looking for. For instance, the duration of the spells or their range. Or the comparison with other weapons. Or their price. All that is primary information, and there is no reason to hide it with this 'ALT' key feature. I would rather have an option with a delay-to-tooltip, or to remove them altogether.
- How can we see the details on the NPCs? It would be nice to have a right-click contextual action, for example, with "inspect", and see a little more info than just the name of the NPC, for immersion and story-telling. Actually, clicking on 'Attack' or any spell requiring a target, then placing the pointer on the character will open an info window, it would just be easier to see it another way.
- Barter window: it's currently not possible to see the buy/sell price of individual items, only the total, it would be add that.
- Mouse scroll in menus and lists is very slow.