I'm really liking the dungeon maker so far. It's quick, simple and the keyboard shortcuts are awesome. I dove right in and created a Dungeon hub with 8 connected maps already (https://www.nexusmods.com/solastacrownofthemagister/mods/32?tab=files). Here are some suggestions from my recent experience using it:
1) Need a way to set your playtest party
- The pregens that are currently used work ok except they revert to level 1 each time you close the game. So testing higher level dungeons is a bit of a pain since you essentially can't do it through the 'Playtest' button without having to level the pregens over and over again (especailly frustrating when running into somewhat crashes with linked dungeons).
2) Need a way to skip combats to test other parts of the dungeon
- It would be good to get the dev cheat codes to kill all monsters when running the dungeon maker playtest. It's a slog to go through each combat when testing other aspects of your dungeons. I've tried making a high level party for this purpose but it's still tedious.
3) Need a scroll bar for connected dungeons
- I'm trying to make a dungeon hub that allows players to come back to a central location each time before starting a new dungeon. It already has more dungeons than fit on the UI.
4) Add typeable filters when selecting items/monsters
- This is somewhat more important for items since some of the lists are incredibly large
- I would love to be able to type in 'Skeleton' on monsters and get the list of all skeletons in the bestiary
5) More furnished/preset rooms (maybe a way to add a room as a preset yourself?)
- The furnished rooms are quite helpful, having more in there would speed up dungeon creation a lot. Being able to make your own presets would be great too!
6) Enable the full Solasta bestiary
- I noticed there are a few enemy types that I've seen in my main campaign playthroughs that aren't available to put in the dungeonmaker (No orc beserker was noticable, I'm sure there are more!). I can understand not wanting to spoil main story elements monsters or if some have particular AI that won't work well in the dungeon maker but please enable what you can!
7) Add the things already on your todo list :)
- Quest systems, dialogs, merchants, more environments, more room shapes, more props. These will all be important for making small campaigns!
8) Add more interactable items
- Part of what makes the main Solasta campaign combat more interesting is the amount of interactable items that can influence combat (rocks, chandeliers etc.). Without verticality this is tough, but adding in say the chandelier or other ways you could change the combat layout would be useful.
- While not interactable adding some 'debris' that is just difficult terrain instead of impassable would also be good.
9) Add ability to name individual monsters/npcs
10) Display the CR of a monster in the 'Selected Gadget'
11) Add a way to view the full Bestiary information of a monster from within the dungeon maker
12) Add bigger doors
- Players can use doorways as chokepoints/abuse enemy melee AI since the doorway is only 2 spaces wide right now.
13) Look into making short rest danger range more lenient
- I've found it hard to find a place to short rest in the dungeons I created. Often times I've had to run to a back corner. Perhaps we need a 'short rest safe' marker of some kind (Do campfires do this? I want to limit long rests so their not quite ideal to use).
14) Make sneaking less powerful
- This is more of a general difficulty change than Dungeon Maker specific. It would be useful to have a sight cone multiplier difficulty option to make sneaking less easy to do. Surprise rounds are very powerful. The best way I've found to get around this in the dungeon maker is to make enemies right behind doors. But sneaking is still a little too easy in my opinion so a difficulty option would be great!