Dialogs are shown as subtitled video sequences. While this allows for camera positioning and gives an overall dramatic effect which is nice, there are limitations that could be removed.
Please refer to the typical screenshot given below. I have the following suggestions:
- there should be a scrollback to see the past conversation
- the players should be able to at least see the question they have to answer
- space is used for pausing the game, except in conversation where it's used to skip dialogs. It should be a different key, players sometimes need to pause the game during a conversation
- will there be sometimes multiple replies per character, or is that 4 answers max, which seems very limited?
- it would be better to have keyboard shortcuts to select the answers, having to use the mouse all the time is not user-friendly
On the plus side, the conversations are kept in the journal.