Hey there folks,
Gamescom is over, and what a weekend that was! From the Early Access announcement to the multiple Art Team Behind the Scene videos and our Dev Live Stream, Gamescom was packed. But before we start today's Dev Update, you know what time it is...
Nap Time! Wait no that's not it.
Solasta coming to Steam Early Access Fall 2020!
For those who might have missed the information, Solasta is heading to Steam Early Access in Fall 2020! And of course, every Kickstarter Backer whose rewards included the game (Tier $18 and above) will receive an Early Access Key as soon as it hits the store. More info to come soon!
Gamescom VOD Collection
Not everyone could tune in live to our different Gamescom events, so here they are for you to watch at your leisure:
- Music of Solasta (1h): A collection of experimental musical tracks and variations - some of them might not make it to the final game!
- Dev Live Stream (1h30): Join the Dev Team in a Q&A with the community about Solasta and Early Access
- Concept Art of Solasta (1h): Watch our Art Director work on the Zombie Ogre Concept Art
- Animation of Solasta (2h): Watch our Lead Animator at work on the Run Animation of the Brood
- Environment of Solasta (2h): Watch our Environment Artist tackle a massive Alchemy Decanter as he works on an unrevealed Laboratory level.
- VFX of Solasta (2h): Watch our VFX Artist upgrade Shield of Faith from its old placeholder version
I ain't afraid of no ghosts!
Following the wake of undeads from our previous Dev Updates, ghosts and other spectral horrors just made their way into Solasta! Now thankfully, not all of them are bloodthirsty monsters looking to hunt your party down - you may even find some friendly faces in the Badlands!
Oy, can you at least say hello before asking these things? How rude. Back in my days...
So... in case you thought regular spiders weren't scary enough, here are Spectral Spiders for your enjoyment
Speaking of undeads, here is an updated sketch of the Blood Brood
New environments & other beauteous thingies
Some of you requested new environments to feast their eyes on - and I, being a merciful Community Lead, shall provide.
You will find much more than damp caves and scorched roads in Solasta
Would you look at that, traps are now more than a simple red square.The future is here!
New spell icons in preparation for Early Access!
That's it for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.
Read our previous articles here:
- Solasta coming to Steam Early Access in Fall 2020!
- Dev Update #19 - Rise of the Undead
- Dev Update Video: The World of Solasta
Article by Tactical Myzzrym