2 months ago (edited)
Many of you told us that your experience playing with the camera in the Demo was... less than stellar. Well, worry no more! We're coming out with an update to the Demo, with more camera options and a few fixes.
How do I access the New Version for the Demo?
As we don't want break everything right before the week-end, we're currently rolling out the new version of our Demo on a separate branch - meaning that you will need to do some extra step to update your game. Let me guide you through them.
1. Go to your Game Library, and right click on Solasta: Crown of the Magister Demo. Click on Properties.
2. Select the BETAS Tab. Under "Select the beta you would like to opt into", choose "beta -"
3. Close Properties. The new update should now download.
1. There are now 3 different Camera Modes in the Settings Panel:
- Spring is the new default camera mode. It will follow the party around, but also allow players to move the camera around with the directional keys or simply by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. If the player is not controlling the camera anymore, after a short time it will drag the camera back to the party.
- Follow is the old camera mode. It will follow the party around, and players will not be able to move it outside combat.
- Free is the last camera mode. It allows the player to move the camera around, and will only go back to the party if the player presses "Tab" or clicks on a Character Portrait twice.
Please give the Demo another go and tell us which Camera mode you preferred!
2. Reaction Timer is now disabled by default. Solasta: Crown of the Magister being a Turn-Based game, quite a few of you raised the point that there is no reason to add time constraints to certain actions. Note that it can be reactivated it in the Settings (right above the Camera Mode selection)
3. We've also fixed a couple of issues that you reported!
Social Stretch Goals - Almost there!
Remember the Social Stretch Goal Table? Well, we're very close to reaching some of these numbers!
- Retweets: 92/100
- Shares: 43/50
- Youtube Subscribers: 717/800
- Facebook Members: 334/400
- Discord Members: 323/400
- Forum Members: 388/400
Note: The Social Goals Table will be updated on Monday.