Infinite Loading Screen
Are you having issues with loading screens? As in you sat there for more than 10 minutes, had time to get a coffee, thought about your life and mused about the meaning the universe?
#1. Uninstall any mods you may have installed for Solasta
- Modding is great, and we all love it - but hacking the code to mod the game can always lead to significant instabilities. Also note that if your campaign run was modded, your save file may not work after removing the mods (and instabilities may not be fixed) - so you may have to start fresh again.
#2. Verify your Game Files Integrity on Steam:
- Sometimes, Steam doesn't download the patch properly but still pretends that the download is finished (Steam with those Nat 20 Deception rolls). Because of that, your game is effectively corrupted and you'll end up running into an infinite loading screen at some point - or even just when launching the game. Verifying your Game Files Integrity forces Steam to re-check the game folder, and download the missing files when it realizes it made a woopsie.
To verify your Game Files Integrity on Steam:
- Make sure you quit the game before doing anything
- Open your Steam Library
- Right click on SOLASTA Crown of the Magister
- Click on "Properties..." (at the bottom)
- On the top of the Properties window, select "Local Files" (3rd tab)
- Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." (4th option)
- Done! Now you just have to wait for Steam to verify / download the missing files
- Here is an image guide: https://www.solasta-game.com/storage/cms/OX5xveUinIV9VtDbWn5Y1bhArSbn83WzoaEq4PGS.png
#3. Turn off volumetric lighting / shadows
Now this is not something we've managed to reproduce on our side, but some users have said having fixed crashes and other issues by turning off volumetric lighting and / or shadows in the graphic option menu.