Infinite Loading Screen
Are you having issues with loading screens? As in you sat there for more than 10 minutes, had time to get a coffee, thought about your life and mused about the meaning the universe?
#0. Before anything: If you are playing on the Sorcerer Update, just relaunch the game.
- There is a bug we're fixing that sometimes prevent loading without restarting the game. We're onto it.
#1. Uninstall any mods you may have installed for Solasta.
- Modding is great, and we all love it - but hacking the code to mod the game can always lead to significant instabilities.
#2. Verify your Game Files Integrity on Steam:
- Sometimes, Steam doesn't download the patch properly but still pretends that the download is finished (Steam with those Nat 20 Deception rolls). Because of that, your game is effectively corrupted and you'll end up running into an infinite loading screen at some point - or even just when launching the game. Verifying your Game Files Integrity forces Steam to re-check the game folder, and download the missing files when it realizes it made a woopsie.
To verify your Game Files Integrity on Steam:
- Make sure you quit the game before doing anything
- Open your Steam Library
- Right click on SOLASTA Crown of the Magister
- Click on "Properties..." (at the bottom)
- On the top of the Properties window, select "Local Files" (3rd tab)
- Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." (4th option)
- Done! Now you just have to wait for Steam to verify / download the missing files
- Here is an image guide: https://www.solasta-game.com/storage/cms/OX5xveUinIV9VtDbWn5Y1bhArSbn83WzoaEq4PGS.png