UPDATED : v1.4
A cozy headquarter to trade and craft !
It is meant as an immersive space for preparing before adventuring or to sell your loot (before or after Dungeon Maker campaigns or *before* the main campaign). You will find everything you need to craft (including resting), but you can also buy magical items.
There is also free basic gear to make sure your level 1 characters have the proper armor, weapons, tools, focus, etc.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT FROM SIMILAR "MERCHANT CAMPAIGNS"
- It is not a Location, but a "Campaign" so-to-speak so you can easily enter and leave with your Updated characters.
- It does not use any of the DM merchants, but instead has custom merchants better adapted to sell your loot. The quartermaster has all the gear and crafting supplies and the loremaster all the spells (20% rebate). Very basic non magical gear and tools are free.
First, this is not a mod : it does not modify anything in the vanilla game. It is a "campaign" (only one small map) you can use to adjust your gear before the main story or before and after Dungeon Maker campaigns.
Simply send your characters to the campaign called Your Headquarters (in the main menu: New Adventure > Change campaign) before or after a Dungeon Maker (DM) campaign, or even *before* the main campaign [see note at the end here]. You do *not* need to link this location to another DM space. When you leave, the game will give you the option to Update your characters.
This is only useful before a campaign and after a DM campaign: going here in the middle of an adventure will not update your saved game in another campaign. :P
[2021 Dec. 28, v 1.4] The bed to Long Rest had a major issue : it could not be used. Fixed ! Thanks to Lockindale's report.
[2021 Dec. 11, v 1.3] The container near the Loremaster with some basic tools and foci was nearly invisible (fixed). The exit message advising to Update all characters could be hidden behind the game's Exit prompt (fixed).
[v 1.2] Though the headquarter had everything magical and for crafting, some basic free gear was missing for new adventurers (non magical Scale Mail and mundane ranged weapons were missing. Fixed).
[v 1.s6] Only premade scrolls were missing in version 1. Therefore quartermaster and loremaster merchants are now complete [there was a typing error here].
[v 1.s2] Maddy Greenisle has joined your headquarter and is responsible for anything related to spells and scrolls. She also did a few small improvements to the place.
CURRENT QUARTERMASTER SET-UP
- After selling an item, if it was a mistake, you can buy it back for approximately the same price. It is your headquarter after all.
- Selling items gives you about 78% of the official value, which is a good amount (much more than in the main campaign). This is important as DM campaigns do not benefit from the Scavenger faction.
- Quartermaster Galar sells all poison recipes beyond basic ones*, all enchantement recipes, and all you need to craft. - Loremaster Maddy sells all scroll recipes. [Note that the Dungeon Maker limits scribing recipes to levels 1-4, with one level 5 spell (Banishment).]
- Items are sold at 20% rebate.
- Quartermaster Galan sells all crafting ingredients, but also all magical items.
- Loremaster Maddy sells the scribing recipes and also the premade scrolls (Wizards rejoice!). [v1.s6]
IDENTIFY : of course Detect Magic and Identify are free services.
* Level 1 scroll recipes, basic smithing recipes (enchanted arrows/bolts), and basic poison recipes are available for free in a container upstairs (which is the crafting workshop and sleeping area). We consider that all characters who are proficient in scribing should know the basics for the level 1 spells they know.
* Free basic tools : the workshop area also has a few sets of tools in case your party is missing them for any reason.
* Also 20 free rations to help you rest/craft.
* Free basic weapons and armor : basic non-magical weapons and armor are also available for free, so new characters can have their preferred weapons and relevant armor before starting their adventures.
* Free arcane/divine foci : holy symbols, component pouch, etc.
1) Though items are ordered by type, spell level and alphabetically, the interface made this an ordeal taking many hours. The order is OK at the moment, but could be improved.
2) Ideally, some prices would need adjustments, notably the spell scrolls which are very expensive in comparison to the prices of magical items as such (some are even errors, like Stoneskin for 50gp, etc.). The scroll recipes are somewhat affordable though, especially as you do not need to buy them all.
Suggestions and feedback welcome.
How to adapt your gear BEFORE the MAIN campaign
I have noticed some understandable confusion from new players, so here is some basic information that should help...
- New characters (level 1) can change their gear and learn recipes in "Your Headquarters campaign".
- IMPORTANT: they must then exit the headquarters using the blue area and you must click all the Update buttons for all 4 characters.
- You can now simply start the MAIN campaign with those same updated level 1 characters.
Everything was testing as working normally when starting the main campaign with level 1 characters that first visited Your Headquarters.
By the way, when you begin the main campaign, non-player characters (like merchants) will ignore you until you do the first few tasks required by the main story in Solasta
Steam profile : https://steamcommunity.com/id/baraz/
Steam profile : https://steamcommunity.com/id/baraz/