Caer Lem, first persuasion check of the game. Most persuasive character is not used. Version 1.1.8

4 months ago

I'm playing my first game of Solasta. I have a Half-Elf with +7 to persuasion rolls. I've gotten my party to Beryl Stonebeard and her group in Caer Lem. Regardless of making the insight roll successfully or not the game always chooses my unpersuasive dwarf to make the persuasion check while my persuasive Half-Elf is given the generic response. Changing party order does not affect this. I tried reloading about 6 times with the same result each time.

Steve
Level 8
4 months ago (edited)

Some NPCs react better to intimidation or deception.  It's possible the game is assigning one of those to your higher charisma character for a particular conversation because it actually has the best chance of success even if your persuasion score is higher.  Just a thought.  It could be a bug too.

4 months ago

Some NPCs react better to intimidation or deception.  It's possible the game is assigning one of those to your higher charisma character for a particular conversation because it actually has the best chance of success even if your persuasion score is higher.  Just a thought.  It could be a bug too.

Ty for responding. The choice states: "CHA(Persuasion) -1 40%" while the 2nd pc is given the option of "Be reasonable!" The 2nd pc is the one with high persuasion and charisma.