0.4.21 - Ranger can't use scroll of cure wounds

ImpPhil
Level 7
8 months ago

Anyone else noticed this.  My ranger can't use divine scrolls like cure wounds and bark skin.

Tooltip says 'characters of your class cannot use scrolls'.

TomReneth
Level 14
8 months ago

It's similar for Shadowcasters and Spellblades, even if they can cast the spells without scrolls.

Typos happen. More so on the phone.

AlWoRa
Level 3
7 months ago (edited)

My cleric can't craft Healing Potion or scroll of Cure Wounds, 'cause the tooltip states he allegedly doesn't know the required spell "Cure Wounds". Needless to say since he is a cleric, he knows the spell and even has it memorized .
My paladin can craft the potion, 'cause he knows the spell, but can't craft the scroll, 'cause he has no proficiency to create scrolls, but tooltip shows he knows the required spell "Cure Wounds"

I've also found a scroll of Cure Wounds, which the cleric can use and the paladin don't.

I think there are two (or three) versions of Cure Wounds in the game. One for clerics and another for ranger/paladin or one for each class. So if you don't know the "right" version of the spell, you can't use the scroll or craft the potion/scroll. The same might be true for other spells with the same name for different classes.

sarge33rd
Level 12
7 months ago

Wiz can craft MM scrolls, but wont let him use them.

REALLY screws with the game

AlWoRa
Level 3
7 months ago

After my cleric gained lvl 3 he now can craft the potion and the scroll.

KillerRabbit
Level 7
7 months ago

Wiz can craft MM scrolls, but wont let him use them.

REALLY screws with the game

Have you tried moving the scrolls to the quick slot?  I think the game is going for "one searching for something in the backpack move or one 'hanging on belt' action"  You will also need to a new spell focus in another slot.

If they are going for quick slots it would be nice to have more than one.